Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Boy vs. Girl

So I have been told that I need to post more. Since this is all very new still and I am no pro, I am keeping it basic at this point. I decided to write about how different my babies are.
Liam is just his own kid and such a boy. He does his thing and is usually just happy hanging out and playing by himself. He has taken to playing baseball too. This consists of taking a long item that looks like it could be a bat and some ball then just running. There usually is no hitting involved, maybe some swinging of the "bat" but no hitting. I think he may like a T-Ball set!
Oh and he is getting a bit tricky. The other day he said something about candy corn so I said "do you want candy corn?" trying to figure out what he said for sure, to which he replied, "Okay, Mommy"! It was like he tricked me into agreeing to get him some treats!
Now Lainey, I am discovering, is a total girl. She loves to carry around stuffed animals and blankets. Over the weekend Liam found an old necklace of mine from Hawaii that was tucked away in a drawer. When Lainey realized what he had she wanted it. So Joe found another necklace from a hippy costume that he doubled up and put around her neck. She just loved it and didn't even pull at it. She just walked around like she was big stuff with that necklace. The next day the necklaces came out again and she wore both of them around for the rest of the day. When we were outside later I took some pictures of her with them on. Then somehow I managed to get Liam to sit down next to her (usually he is too busy running, playing, and doing his thing). So here they are. Liam with his dirty, chalky (he loves sidewalk chalk) face and Lainey with her necklaces! They are just so cute, I can't get enough of them!

2 comments:

Cindy Feuz said...

That is just too cute!! I think they look more alike in that picture. That is just so adorable with the necklaces! A.J. likes bats and balls too. I think I'll wait til spring and get him a tball stand too.

Brianne said...

They are pretty precious. :)